How to polish your boat
Polish your boat with the Mirka method
Use the Mirka polishing method to clean and polish boats. It’s an efficient and environmentally friendly way to remove any ingrained dirt around the waterline, for instance, and to restore the original gloss. Deep cleaning and polishing of the boat
- Spray water on an Abralon 2000 disc and keep it damp throughout the whole work step.
- Sand without pressing too much against the surface, let the weight of the machine do the work. Sand the surface until it is satin matte.
- Continue in the same way using Abralon 4000 and sand until the surface begins to shine.
- Polish by using Polarshine 10 and a lambswool polishing pad until the surface is glossy. Polish at low speed to avoid overheating the surface.
- Finish by polishing with Polarshine 10 and a soft polishing pad (yellow).
- Wipe away excess polishing compound with Mirka’s microfiber cloth.
Note! After normal seasonal wash only perform step 2 and 3. Please follow the link for information about Mirka Finishing Kit Marine.
Waxing of the boat
- Apply Polarshine 3 or Liquid Nano Wax on the surface.
- Spread the wax by hand with Mirka’s microfiber cloth.
- Polish the surface with Mirka’s microfiber cloth.